Role scope: The Continuous Improvement Engineer (CIE) will work with Hologic employees within Westford to improve manufacturing flow and layout through implementation and application of LEAN/continuous improvement methodologies, facilitation of kaizen events, and by coaching others. The primary focus of this role is to develop and implement a new production floor layout to reduce waste, congestion and create a 3-5 year strategic master plan for production at the Westford site. This position is an individual contributor role, and is expected to inspire employees through CI initiatives to achieve greater levels of safety, quality, productivity and engagement.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand Cynosure products and processes associated with the manufacturing of the same.
- Facilitate 5S, waste elimination & space optimization kaizens by involving production employees & middle management.
- Coach hourly team members, supervisors and middle management in LEAN methodologies and improve production flow within the shopfloor.
- Model different plant layouts utilizing autocad or other layout modeling tools and create space for new products.
- Leads & coordinates Kaizen events to improve existing processes and strive to achieve sustainability.
- Be a catalyst for team development, growth and engagement and the ability to challenge status-quo diplomatically and execute change with vigor.
- Utilize Lean Manufacturing methodology to improve efficiencies and minimize waste.
- Work collaboratively with warehouse team to maximize warehouse space and efficiency.
Qualifications & Experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor degree or technical degree- Industrial/Manufacturing Engineering. Master's Degree preferred.
- 10+ years of LEAN/ Continuous Improvement experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Cross functional operations experience with a strong understanding of various plant functions.
- Demonstrated experience with introducing new techniques (i.e. change agent).
- Expert level skills with Microsoft-Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint
- Strong inter-personal & communication skills required.
- Self-starter with ability to learn quickly and work independently under minimum direction and supervision
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Strong kaizen facilitation skills
- Out of the box thinker in terms of space optimization and manufacturing factory layout planning
- Lean certification from SME, TBM or experience with Japanese OEM(s)